Agatha is dedicated to helping her clients and their families through some of the most tumultuous times in their lives. She is particularly devoted to seeking the healthiest and most positive outcomes for children of divorce, while assisting clients to begin on a path to healing. Agatha will take the time to get to know you, and while working with you, she will tailor a litigation plan to meet your unique needs.
While in law school, Agatha also obtained an MBA. Her MBA has proven to provide her with a more in depth understanding of complex asset, business, and property issues. Agatha has experience in family law, wills and estates, contract law, construction law, and general civil litigation.
Private Practice Attorney
Immediately following graduation from law school, Agatha Rode worked as an attorney at a boutique family law firm in San Antonio, Texas, until August 2011. At this firm, Agatha Rode’s primary focus was family law which included high conflict divorces, contested child custody issues, complex property divisions, enforcements, adoptions, grandparent access rights, and cases involving the Department of Family and Protective Services.
During law school and prior to her graduation from St. Mary’s University School of Law, Agatha gained legal experience in a variety of areas, where she was able to constantly develop and hone her legal skills.
Law Clerk for Former Magistrate Judge Dan A. Naranjo
In 2009, Agatha worked as a law clerk for the Former Magistrate Judge Dan A. Naranjo. She primarily assisted in drafting Arbitration Awards, and conducted extensive legal research in a variety of areas of the law including, construction law, contract law, employment law, business law, education law, and insurance law.
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant to Associate Dean Ana Novoa
From 2008 to 2009, Agatha served as a research assistant and teaching assistant to Associate Dean Ana Novoa at the St. Mary’s Center for Legal and Social Justice. Agatha’s duties included managing and presenting civil cases to District Court Judges prior to graduating law school and assisting other students in analysis and management of civil case files. She primarily assisted the family law department where she acquired her initial interest in family law.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- 2013 Rising Star in San Antonio: Family Law (According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- 2012 Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family law (According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- 2011 Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family Law (According to Scene in S.A. Monthly)
- 2009 Law Student Nominee for the Alma Lopez award for Women in Leadership
- 2009 Recipient of the Francis Leos Award for Excellence in Clinical Studies at the St. Mary’s Center for Legal and Social Justice
- BA (Political Science with a Minor in Business Administration), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (2005)
- J.D., St. Mary’s University, School of Law, San Antonio, TX (2009)
- • Honors: National Dean’s List; member of Phi Delta Phi honors legal fraternity
- MBA, St. Mary’s University, Bill Greehey School of Business, San Antonio, TX (2009)
- • Honors: National Dean’s List
- Supreme Court of Texas for State of Texas
- Completion of Certified Mediator Training (2009)
- San Antonio Young Lawyer’s Association
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- Aggie Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association: Family Law Division
- San Antonio Bar Association: Real Estate, Probate, and Trusts Division
- Society of Ethical Attorneys at Law
Agatha is married to Aaron Rode, her husband of six years. Although Agatha is originally from the greater Houston area, she and her husband made San Antonio their home in 2005. When Agatha is not practicing law, she enjoys spending time with family, traveling, and attending Aggie Football games.